Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Gift of Imperfection

Hi everyone!
It has been some time since I last posted here, but I am back ad hopefully things will get back to normal soon.
During this past week I've been working on a class with Brené Brown: The Gift of Imperfection, and boy has this been a journey.
The Gift of Imperfection is based on the book of the same name (you can find it HERE), where the author helps us to use courage, compassion and connection in order to live wholehearted lives.
We had the journal assignments and I just let go of all my fears  of not creating the perfect page and allowed myself to be imperfect in my art, and I have to say that I absolutely love it. It was so inspiring and so freeing, no need to judge my work or ask if others would like it.
I'm imperfect and I'm enough!
Permission Slips

Perfection Pledge
Courage is a heart word...

This three journal pages are the beginning to a wholehearted awakening!
For my first three pages in my imperfect hand-bound journal I used: Dylusion ink sprays ( Bubble Gum Pink, Squeezed Orange), Distress Ink ( Shabby Shutters, Worn Lipstick and Vintage Photo), Mini Pomegranate Stencil, Pearlescent Watercolors, Pelican Watercolors, Tombow Pens, Scor- Tape, Archival Ink, Unity Stamp Set ( Now & Always) and Faber Castell Pitt Pen.
Can't wait to see what this new week brings.
Keep dreaming!
Big hug and lots of positive energy!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...